Here is a super simple & quick recipe to try. Best part, you can freeze the leftovers and reheat it in the oven another day when you are to busy to cook!
Simple Delish Recipe: Veggie Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-8 servings
- Any leftover veggies that need to be used
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 or 4 large yams, thinly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large casserole dish
- 1 can opener
- 1 sharp knife to cut veggies
- cutting board
- 1 large spoon
1. Chop veggies (except yams) and stir-fry in a bit of oil until soft.
2. Add can of tomatoes and drained can of chickpeas.
3. In a casserole or lasagna dish, layer yams then veggie mix (same as if you were making lasagna but use
potatoes as lasagna sheets and veggie mix instead of meat).
4. Finish with a layer of yams, lightly drizzle olive oil on top.
5. Bake for 1/2 hour at 300 degrees. Then take off cover, turn up temperature to 400 degrees for 10
minutes to crisp up the top layer.
- Add your favorite herbs or spices, like basil, oregano, fennel, cumin, chili pepper, sea salt, etc., when adding tomatoes and peas for an extra kick.
- For a bit of added texture, add roasted sunflower seeds when adding tomatoes.
- Veggie Bake keeps great in the refrigerator for a few days.
For more healthy tips, schedule your free health session with her or learn more about katie at www.balanced-beings.com
Katie Bressack of Balanced Beings is a Board Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC, AADP). Katie left the corporate world to follow her passion to support busy women with nutrition and lifestyle counseling.